Goals for 2018
As I’ve been saying, I am very excited about 2018 because I have many goals and I deeply believe I will be able to reach them. This year will probably be the most important year towards achieving financial independence.
Don’t get me wrong. 2017 was awesome, from several different angles. It was also bad in the sense that struggled with dizziness and sickness the entire year.
Health (my no. 1 goal)
- Resolve my dizziness and brain fog for good.
- By following my naturopath’s treatment, doing a lot of acupuncture sessions and having a healthy diet and routine.
- Resolve my CFS.
- By following the plan above.
- Go for a run whenever there is sunlight out there.
- Luckily I live in Portugal, where you vacation. 🙂
- Get my circadian rhythm fixed.
- I will write an article called “the perfect routine”, which I’ve been following, and you’ll learn about this.
- Do at least 2-4 detoxes in the year.
- Everyone should do this, but for me they are particularly important.
- Eat tons of sauerkraut and start drinking kombucha. Eat tons of fermented fruits.
- Gotta move my lazy ass and start making sauerkraut.
- Get bloodwork done every quarter (March, June, September, December).
- I will actually take 2 weeks at the end of each quarter to take care of lots of stuff, including this.
From Cents To Retirement
- Grow my Facebook page to, at least, 5,000 likes.
- I will have to hire some FB ninja because my skills suck and I don’t have the time to do this.
- Grow my subscriber list to, at least, 5,000 subscribers (currently at about 2,000).
- Start to foster subscribers to participate often in the “cult”.
- Hit Domain authority >50, Page authority >60 and Spam score 0.
- Currently at 34, 45, 5.
- Create the FCTR-network, which will be a network of bloggers who help each other.
- Hit at least 1,000 sessions a day from organic searches (I am currently at 120-150).
- Rank TOP3 for 200-300 keywords (currently at 30).
- Grow monthly traffic to at least 50,000-75,000 readers often (organic searches should be a third at the very least).
- The goal is to have always at least 50,000 readers/mo even if I don’t drive additional traffic.
- Post over 100 articles.
- This is roughly 2 posts/week.
- Be scheduled out for 3 months all the time.
- And publish an interview/guest post every month.
- Publish at least 10 guest posts.
- This year I will aim for the biggest blogs out there.
- Hit $300/mo on truly passive income.
- This means without pushing a single sale.
- Post a lot on psychology, business, and efficient spending.
- Because I got more interested in these topics as time went by and I want FCTR to be a reference for all this, not only ER.
- Optimize the heck out of this site in terms of speed, resources, and UX.
- I have a specialist working on this already. Hopefully, we’ll have tremendous results. I want to have a very clean, easy to use, fast website.
- Be featured on two global major sites.
- I managed to be featured in Business Insider last year, as a result of a post that I wrote for BudgetsAreSexy.
- Publish 2-4 books.
- One is already written and the other one is already planned.
- Hit a total net worth of €400,000-€450,000 (currently at 300k).
- And be ready to hit €750,000-€800,000 in 2019 so that I can retire.
- Scale my RE portfolio as projected here, with lines of credit, as announced here.
- In theory, this should allow me to grow my assets’ value to $798,000 (this will come from deep-value deals).
- Get way more exposed to dividend stocks and the stock market in general, even if I predict it will crash in the next 2 years.
- I always liked stocks but holding on to cash is SO boring… plus, I want to enjoy compound interest.
- Increase my truly passive income (excluding rental income) to $700/mo.
- This will come from the stock market, royalties and stuff.
- Be able to retire if I go with extreme minimalism.
- which I won’t, but this will provide a mental shift and an emotional comfort…
- Bring at the very least 50k in revenue.
- In 2017, it brought in about €25,000 with a practically inexistent structure.
- Hit 3k/mo (conservative goal) or 5k/mo (aggressive goal) on fixed-income (through contracts and investments).
- Currently at 0/mo.
- This is really what will enable me to jump to the next level, because I will be able to hire 1/2 full-time employees.
- Keep costs below 10k, so that it makes 40k at the end of the year (which will be enough to buy a property).
- The main goal is to keep on acquiring properties for the company so that I am able to bring in 5,000€/mo on fixed income.
- Be featured in at least one major newspaper.
- This will help me with exposure. I already have the contacts in place, it will simply be a question of time.
- Publish 2 e-products (which will be big in the future of the company).
- I will probably publish 1 or 2 books in the first year.
- After that, I want to move into online courses, small e-books and what not. This is when I will capitalize on all the content I’ve been creating, e.g. articles like “invest in small towns or big towns“.
- Continue to learn about health and test what works for me.
- This is actually a big goal that I have in my life. I’ve been learning a LOT about health and next year I plan to keep it that way.
- Being able to enjoy life every single day, being able to relax and not feel pressured to make money/whatever.
- The truth is that, since I started to execute my plan to retire early, I am obsessed with making money. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I want to ease this feeling.
- Follow a success routine that I carefully put together.
- I will write a post this month on a wonderful routine that will put my self-discipline to the test.
- Not let other people influence me negatively.
- This is something I struggle with for a long time – this is the year to really make it happen.
- Do a people and technology fast every quarter.
- I am so doing this!
As time goes by, I plan to talk release quarterly reports on these goals (both for what I have accomplished and what are the goals for the following quarter).
If you think I am forgetting something, please let me know in the comments down below.