If you found this post because of music lyrics, an idiom or any other reason, such as a book, this may disappoint you… this post was written because of a much better reason. You see, I want to retire early (in my 30s), and this post is all about early retirement. Get your espresso, chill out and enjoy the post.
Yesterday was Sunday, and Sundays are super special for me. These are the days when I truly experience freedom. I think of Early retirement and financial freedom as a lotta Sundays in a row, actually. 🙂
So here’s what my typical Sunday involves:
- A properly cooked breakfast. I typically have a few eggs in the morning, with buttered toast and salad:
(this picture is from a hotel breakfast, but you get the idea).
- I meditate for a long while. I typically meditate for about 5 minutes a day, but on Sundays, I extend that to 15-30 minutes, at least.
- I try to watch a movie or a TV show episode (I love Shark Tank, for example).
- If the weather’s good, I can also hike. 🙂
- I go out for lunch (I LOVE Italian):
- Meet up with friends for an espresso and some chilling:
- Look up investments (I typically browse the internet for Real Estate deals and stocks).
- Write blog posts, which takes a lotta time. Sunday is definitely the best day to write!
- I have relaxing 30-min showers with essential oils.
- I go for a run, at the end of the afternoon (if it is still warm), when the sun starts to set.
- Lastly, I read. I read a lot. 🙂
Some of these things are things I can only do on Sundays. It is funny that the expression “my Sunday best” which usually pertains to clothing is now becoming obsolete because fewer people go to the church (I am Christian but I usually don’t go to Church).
From April 1st, I will be starting to follow a variant of the Paleo diet, which I already presented before, and a completely new routine. I will post a truly comprehensive post on that soon, and it will be an aggregation of various “my Sunday best” routines, although with extremely fine instructions on what to eat, what to drink, when to sleep and a lot more.
What do you do to enjoy on Sundays? Let me know in the comments down below.