My current net worth is €260,235.25 (38.84% of my first goal – €670K).
Never a net worth decrease was this tasty! Not sure if you realized that, but RP#4 is not on the books anymore. The perfect flip is now over! I sold RP#4 for a $10,000 profit! Plus all that in a matter of 45 days. Yay!
This profit comes in handy because RP#3 is starving and I need to pay off the bills of the second renovation phase as they come.
Here’s the rest of the expenses on RP#3 that I expect until the end of the year:
- Renovation materials: about €2,000.
- Kitchens: about €2,500.
- Windows and exterior doors: €4,000.
- Appliances: about €900.
- Labor: about €13,500.
I have also replanned where this money will come from:
- €2,000 (renovation materials) from my main checking account;
- €2,500 (kitchens) from a job bonus I should collect in January;
- €13,500 (labor) profit from RP#4 and dividends from my real estate company;
- €5,000 from my toxic credit (which I hope to recover until February 2018).
Hopefully, there will be no hidden costs and this will be all of it.
This means that I will be able to invest my savings starting from January 2018. 🙂
My state of mind
Although I made peace with the growth rate of my net worth, I am always thinking of ways to grow it. In fact, I have been carefully planning 2018 over the past 2 months, in terms of what I am going to do to grow my net worth, what I will work on, etc. Finding good balance between working on increasing my net worth and enjoying life and do stuff I love. I have actually started to put together a rough sketch of what 2018 is going to look like:
- From Cents To Retirement – I am looking to partner up with some friends and hire someone to do most of the work that doesn’t pertain to actually blogging. I estimate that I will spend 1 week every month writing the posts for the blog and producing content. I am currently posting 2x/week (on Monday + Thursday or Tuesday + Friday) and I am OK with the current amount of time From Cents To Retirement requires from me.
- Health – 2018 will revolve around fixing myself. The dizziness spells, the strong neck pain and the tiredness that I suffered during 2017 were a serious advice from my body: I am doing something very wrong in terms of stress or lifestyle and it will be my number one priority to fix that next year. I will write a series of extended posts on this.
- My Real Estate company – Our company grew a little bit this quarter and I do expect a significant growth during next year. I don’t want to shoot for projections at this point, but I am confident I will be able to cash out more than €50,000 in dividends or retain that in the company to further scale the company’s portfolio.
- Consultancy – I have been consulting less and less as time goes by (expect in the real estate company, where we sometimes get clients that manage RE investing funds and what not – those are juicy consultancy jobs, to be honest). I am not sure how much consultancy I will do through 2018, but it will probably not be much. If you want to get some consultation with me, check out my service. I am now at $150/h – otherwise, it is not a good return on my time.
- Part-time job – I love science and I see myself having a part-time “career in science” if that makes sense to you. I am fortunate to have a part-time job that pays so well and lets me do other things I like – or doesn’t force me to go to the office when I am not OK. If I had a classic 9-to-6 job I would have been fired a long time ago. In 2018, I will continue with this job.
RP#1 is now my Primary Property (PP), as I said before, so it will show up as such in the next reports.
The rental income in November was €1,460. Honestly, I thought I would be doing more at this point but things are just taking longer – it is not like they are not being done.
I also said many times that in December I would be very close to €2,000, but this will not be so anymore as I sold RP#4.
In December, I should get €1,255 and in January I should get over €1,700, as the renovation or RP#3 will certainly be over.
Next year, I expect to reach €3,500/mo at some point and I am positive I will do that.
My online income in November was low on the conventional channels – because I let it go on autopilot – but did experience a considerable boost on new channels. As I said before, I either increment my SEO quality badly or it will be difficult to reach an amount that makes it a real business (at the very least €15,000/yr).
As I also said before, I don’t think that I can make a lot of money on my blog if I don’t push it or I start displaying ads, which is something I am not particularly keen on doing. The strategy to my blog will definitely have to be carefully planned, but for now I am not desperate to make money with it, so I will just stick to the original plan (no ads, no monetization, focus on growing the blog organically as much as possible).
If you want to have instant cash do NOT replicate my strategy; this one is for the long haul!
My Real Estate business
My Real Estate business is still growing steadily. I still expect to make about €25,000 net with my company until the end of the year. Next year, I will try to make about €100,000 and cash out €50,000 in dividends or buy real estate for the company.
Goals for October
- Continue to calm the f* down even more, and make it a commitment to enjoy life every single day. Use the power of attraction (beyond visualization) by starting the day with a simple question. FAIL. I really need to create a schedule and stick to it. I haven’t been able to do this as much as I want to.
- Finish my second book and upload it. FAIL. I did write another chapter of my book, but I certainly didn’t finish it. It will take me another 2 weeks if I dedicate full-time to it (so possibly not this year).
- Put the computer away on Sundays. FAIL. This was failed all along. I wasn’t able to do a single Sunday. 🙁
- Write 8 posts on the blog. DONE. I am happy with the current yield of posts on my blog. It does take me A LOT of time, but I actually enjoy it. You may have also noticed that I focused on very large posts (such as flipping houses with no money or investing in small towns), so now one post takes me about 3-4 times as much time as a single post use to take me back in the day.
- Write at least 3 guest posts. FAIL. There is a month every now and then that makes me believe I am superman, as I publish like 10 guest posts. I tend to maintain my superman mood and then I get disappointed as I realize I can’t keep up.
- Go to bed before 10.30pm every day – this is a serious 30-day challenge. ALMOST DONE. I failed in the last 2 weeks (some days were OK, others weren’t). Thi is something that pertains to my perfect routine (as in 1.) and I seriously want to reverse this.
- Follow the nofap protocol aggressively (for health reasons, not social phobia or anything like that). ALMOST DONE. I failed occasionally but overall I did a good job.
- Make at least $200 online. DONE. Stay tuned for the report.
- Increase my page authority beyond 50. ALMOST DONE. Maybe next month – it bumped to 45 already.
Goals for December
- Create and stick to my perfect routine (I will write a post on this).
- Write at least another chapter of my second book.
- Put the computer away on Sundays – every single Sunday.
- Write 8 posts on the blog.
- Write at least 1 guest post.
- Go to bed before 10.30pm every day.
- Follow the nofap protocol aggressively (for health reasons, not social phobia or anything like that).
- Make at least $200 online.
- Increase my page authority beyond 50.
Enjoy life guys!